Enterprising Coastal Communities
This is your invitation to reserve a free place at this major conference looking at how, in
a challenging economic climate, enterprise can be stimulated and sustained in our
coastal communities. Friday 4th March 2011. 10.00am to 3.30pm Venue: Ladram Bay,
Admission, Display Space and Lunch free to confirmed delegates only Register Now!
Join leading figures including:
· Dr. Mark Horton of the acclaimed BBC TV programmes Coast and Inside Out
· Sir William Wakeham Chairman East Devon Growth Point and Science Park
· Patrick Browne of the Coastal Communities Alliance
· Chris Marrow expert advisor on Marine and Waterborne Transport
· Plus other leaders from Business and Government
A choice of discussion groups:
· Meeting the Coastal Challenge
· Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP’s)
Enterprise and Business Priorities
· Waterborne Commerce and Transport
· Coastal Tourism and Information Services
The programme also features:
. Keynote Presentations . Topical Discussion Groups . Promotional Displays, Information & Advice
· Creative Coasts Networking Forum Photo: Mark Horton of the hit BBC TV Series ‘Coast’
· A Poll of Delegates to inform Decision Makers.
Some key questions:
· What particular challenges face coastal communities and are these unique?
· What is the emerging situation in Devon relating to business support and stimulating
· What are the barriers to enterprise development in coastal areas and what are the
opportunities – potential specific focus on key sectors such as marine, tourism,
social enterprise, fisheries etc.
· What good practice exists in coastal enterprise development at a local, regional and
· Are there any lessons which we should pass on to the organisations that will be
providing enterprise support?
You are particularly welcome to use this unique opportunity to promote your business or
organisation in the Enterprising Coastal Communities exhibition area.
See following sheet for booking details.
Enterprising Coastal Communities
Step I. To book your free places at the Enterprising Coastal Communities Conference
The Devon Towns Forum: By e-mailing email@example.com
Or telephone: 01805 624874.
Or write to: The Devon Towns Forum PO Box 25 Torrington EX38 7WY.
Step 2. When making your reservation/s please tells us about any special requirement
you may have. If you wish to have a free display space please discuss this at
the time of making your reservation enquiry.
Step 3. Once we have received your booking enquiry and any display requirements you
will be sent a formal confirmation of your booking together with a programme,
details of the venue, a directions map, travel information and any other
Admission including lunch all refreshments and any agreed display space is offered free of charge to confirmed delegates only.
Whilst we make no charge for this event we reserve the right to charge £25 for any unfulfilled
reservation unless notice is received within a least one week of the event; this is necessary to
avoid unnecessary costs and allow others access to the limited number of places available.
Enterprising Coastal Communities is hosted by The Devon Towns Forum as part of its
Creative Coasts programme and is supported by Devon County Council.
We also gratefully acknowledge the generous support of Ladram Bay and the contributions from
all participants including: representatives from Local and National Government, Local
Businesses, Business Organisations, the Devon Maritime Forum, Members of the Devon Towns
Forum, Kingsbridge Tourist Information, East Devon Science Park & Growth Point, Devon &
Cornwall Business Council, Devon County Council, Exmouth Town Council, West Devon
Business Information Point, Enterprising Plymouth, Devon Economic Partnership and others ….
BOOK NOW! Tel: 01805 624874 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Maritime Forum Nesletter
Welcome to the Devon Maritime Forum E-News for October 2010